Sarah Kay: "If I Should Have a Daughter" Clip
- Watch this video clip of a popular poet, Sarah Kay during a Ted Talk.
- As you watch, consider what Kay would say is the purpose of poetry, why it is important, and it's application to education.
- Write down your thoughts.
Pick an author!
- Search for a poet at Poets.org
- Choose a poet that you admire and identify with
- Keep in mind and evaluate the purpose(s) that is(are) communicated in the author's works
- Write a paragraph about why you chose that particular author, including why you like that author's style, subject matter, etc.